Earlier, I posted about my first encaustic workshop with Bridgette Guerzon Mills. This new piece by Bridgette incorporates encaustic, copper, tea stained paper, oil paint, and a transfer on wood. I love how organic Bridgette’s pieces are and this one includes a piece of dyed silk that our friend Irena Ellis made in a class with Sue Stover at Encausticamp last summer exploring contemporary and traditional techniques such as silk painting, batik, and discharge on silk. Irena is another talented young artist that I have met and will be seeing more of in the future. I’ve already signed up for Sue’s class using this technique at this year’s Encausticamp in Federal Way, WA July 22-27.
May & July Dyeing to Rust with Pam Nichols
Sept. 12-20, 2015 Judy & Sue’s Great Indigo Adventure/Bali
Oct. 9-17, 2015 Paint San Miguel de Allende with Katie Kendrick & Judy Wise
April 2017 Gillian Lee Smith
- Found some rusty bits
- Jane and Frida = bliss
- London is not falling down
- Moments with Gillian in Gardenstown, Scotland
- Jane Davenport is a hoot!
- An interview with Judy Wise – Bali
- When I grow up I want to be just like Judy Wise
- Viva Frida and Danger!
- Paint Mexico City – Part Four
- Paint Mexico City – Part Three
- Paint Mexico City – Part Two
- A recap of Paint Mexico City – Part 1
- Bonaventure Cemetery, Savannah
- Sweet Savannah
- Building history with Lisa Pressman
- Create with Katie Kendrick and Pam Nichols
- Creating in Savannah – Living Studio
- Creating with aBandon
- Breathing, living, drawing Savannah
- Dyeing with Sue Stover
- Nurture by Lynne Hoppe
- Judy and Sue’s Great Indigo Adventure – Bali
- Lisa Pressman featured in Huffington Post
- Happy Holidays!
- Learning to Speak Italian